1) Do you find it hard to concentrate when you were young?
2) What may distract you when you’re trying to stay focused?
3) What do you do to help you concentrate?
4) Is it easy for you to do two things all at once?
1. Do you find it hard to concentrate when you were young?
Actually, the period I couldn’t concentrate was quite few since I have remembered things. I’m quite sure that i could concentrate the whole class time, about 45 min or one hour, since i was a pupil. At that time, I was usually praised due to such ‘ability’. Before primary school, i only concentrated when doing handcraft things, like painting or paper folding.
2. What may distract you when you’re trying to stay focused?
Well, I feel like that the thing distracting me may be the noise, like loud chatting. I’m not kind of that person living alone - I mean I’m living with my parents, and even i was in Brisbane, I lived with my landlord and her family. So if i wanna concentrate on something, like writing my essays, the noise made by them really disturbs me. The working tasks could be finished in an hour, if they leaved me a relatively quiet working condition - currently i need another one hour to make those work.
嗯，我覺得讓我分心的可能是噪音，比如大聲聊天。我不是那種獨居的人，我和我的父母住在一起，即使我在布里斯班，我也和我的房東和她的家人住在一起。所以，如果我想集中精力做一些事情，比如寫論文，他們發出的噪音真的讓我很不安。如果他們給我一個相對安靜的工作環境，我的工作可以在一個小時內完成 - 但現在，我可能要多花一個小時的時間來完成它。
3. What do you do to help you concentrate?
Headphones, that is my savior. Since I lived with the landlord in Australia, headphones, especially those noise-canceling headphones, i recommend the brand Boss, have helped me a lot. As soon as I put it on, I can hardly hear other sounds. This greatly improves my concentration and my work can be done more efficient.
4. Is it easy for you to do two things all at once?
It depends on the two things. If I need to use a lot of brains for one thing, such as writing an essay or reading literature, I can only do other very simple things at the same time, such as listening to music or broadcast. If they are simple and no-brainer ones, I can basically do the two things perfectly at the same time.